We are looking for a qualified counselor candidate for our substance abuse clinics in Louisiana. Below are the requirements of the position.
- Formulate and conduct therapeutic and/or educational groups, individual, and family counseling sessions.
- Participate in intake department team facilitating potential clients’ entry into programs
- Interact and communicate with community agencies in the assessment of and service to clients
- Being a broker for the clients; Connecting/linking clients to necessary, appropriate intercompany and or outside resources
- Maintain confidentiality in compliance with professional ethics according to professional and facility standards
- Identify opportunities for the program and participate in Performance Improvement projects and activities
- Complete all documentation in a timely manner. This includes but is not limited to such duties as assessments, treatment plans, progress notes, discharge summaries, etc
- Function as a case manager for patients assigned. This may include but is not limited to such duties as facilitating individual sessions, treatment planning, discharge planning, obtaining authorizations for services to be provided, utilization/concurrent review, linking clients to additional resources, etc
- Continue professional development in individual, family, and group therapy and maintain professional development in a personnel file
- Assist in the orientation of new colleagues and in supervising student interns
- Participate in the Quality Assurance Program and in Continuous Quality Improvement activities
- Comply with measures for infection control, OSHA, and risk management
- Comply with ethics and professional standards set forth by respective national associations and licensure boards
- Comply with Corporate Compliance Policy
- Act as the patient’s advocate and assure patient rights are upheld
- Follow all personnel policies and procedures
- Demonstrate guest relations in communications, cooperation, and giving assistance to clients, co-workers, and visitors in a prompt and courteous manner
- Attend all staff meetings, training and supervision sessions as required Education
- Degree in social work, counseling, or related counseling field from an accredited university and previous experience or training in the field of clinical dependency Experience
- A minimum of two (2) years experience in Addictions/Substance abuse counseling and a mental health care facility, or a related field
- Must have direct experience in group therapies and treatment planning
- Must have strong clinical assessment skills License
- LCSW, LPC, MFT, LAC, or related license preferred
Interested in a Career?
Clinical assignments should be at least a Master’s Level behavioral health professionals, preferably with experience in addiction and/or co-occurring disorders. Internships are available.